The design of the world’s first two‑circuit turbojet engine was developed from 1939‑1941 by Ukrainian Arkhip Lyulka, who was born in 1908 in the village of Savarka, Kyiv region, Ukraine. He graduated from Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, and proceeded to work at the Kharkiv Aviation Institute. Since 1946, he became the general designer of aircraft engines, and thus the father of the Soviet military jet aircraft. His engine is still running in the most popular military aircraft of Russia, Sukhoi‑27, and the technologies and patents developed by Lyulka are widely used in all areas of the world aviation industry. Lyulka’s engines were used for the Soviet lunar and space shuttle programs.